MESH IO is a unique inter-disciplinary research center across Mass General Brigham, Harvard Medical and Harvard Business School comprised of specialty leaders, including physicians and executives, in innovation and operations in healthcare. This creative marriage of both innovation and operations researchers is dedicated to investigating key aspects of business in healthcare through original research and thought-leading papers for the medical community. The group is comprised of faculty and executives from different specialties, including medicine, radiology, emergency medicine, surgery and more.
Marc D. Succi, MD | Sanjay Saini, MD | Michael H. Lev, MD | Ali S. Raja, MD MBA MPH | Anand Prabhakar, MD MBA | Brian Yun, MD | Ray Liu, MD | Michael S. Gee, MD PhD | David Rosman, MD MBA | Oleg Piankyh, PhD | Tarik Alkasab, MD | Matt Li, MD | Tommy An, MD | Min Lang, MD | Ali Pourvarazi, MD | Laura Naccarato, MD MBA | Ken Chang, PhD | David Whitehead, MD MBA | Bruno Panzarini, MD
Select Publications (Since 2020):
- Chan, Wu, Cheung, Succi. Characterization of an open access medical news platform readership during the COVID-19 pandemic. (Accepted). 2021.
- Chonde, Pourvarazi, Williams, McGowan, Moskos, Alavarez, Narayan, Daye, Flores, Succi. RadTranslate™: An AI-powered intervention for urgent imaging to enhance care equity for patients with limited English proficiency during the COVID-19 pandemic. (Accepted). 2021
- Lang, Yeung, McLoud, Petranovic, Flores, Som, Shepard, Prabhakar, Saini, Succi*, Little*. Operational challenges of a low-dose CT lung cancer screening program during the COVID-19 pandemic. CHEST. 2020. *co-senior authors. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33121979/
- Guitron, Piankyh, Succi, Lang, Brink. COVID-19: Recovery Models for Radiology Departments. Journal of the American College of Radiology. 2020. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7476574/
- Lang M, Yeung T, Mendoza DP, Flores EJ, Som A, Lang AL, Pianykh OS, Lee SI, Saini S, Little BP, Succi MD. Imaging Volume Trends and Recovery During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Comparative Analysis Between a Large Urban Academic Hospital and Its Affiliated Imaging Centers. Acad Radiol. 2020 Aug 15. PMID: 32830030. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32830030/
- Succi MD, Zamarron BF, Fintelmann FJ, Andriole KP, Ottensmeyer MP, Whitehead DC, Harris GJ, McLoud TC, Brink JA, Gee MS, Uppot RN. Initial Experience Integrating a Hands-On Innovation Curriculum Into a Radiology Residency Program and Department. J Am Coll Radiol. 2020 May 16. PMID: 32428436.
- Succi MD, Yun BJ, Rao S, Rao S, Gottumukkala RV, Glover M, White BA, Lev MH, Raja AS, Prabhakar AM. Turning around cancer: Oncology imaging and implications for emergency department radiology workflow. Am J Emerg Med. 2020 02; 38(2):317-320. PMID: 31759782.
MESH IO is currently recruiting enthusiastic medical and business students to join the group, apply using the form below!
-Interest in operational aspects of healthcare
-Ability to dedicate 3-4 hours per week to research, including check-in meetings monthly or EOW
-Strength + experience in statistics, including SPSS or other similar programs
-Prior publication track record is a plus but not required
-Flexible – take on projects as you are available
-Mentorship and guidance from leaders in medicine
-First authored publications for projects you lead, coauthored on others
-Affiliation with MGH, Harvard professors, and leading investigators
-Can be done remotely